You know you’re a smoothie addict when you wake up, you shiver with cold (so cold you can see your breath in the house), and still proceed to make a smoothie anyways. These days, I’m drinking my greens while wrapped in a blanket. The cold weather and the fact that I am amping up my exercise has me craving smoothies with a little bit of substance and protein. This new one is creamy (thanks to cashew butter), tasty (thanks to strawberries & dates), and healthy (thanks to all the green goodness). If you’re having a real winter, wrap up in a blanket before sipping on this delicious green treat. If you’re in Phoenix, enjoy sippin’ on this while sunbathing.
Strawberries & Cream
What you need:
- 3 generous handfuls spinach
- 1/2 cup frozen pear (fresh will work too, the smoothie will just be a thinner consistency)
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 2 TBSP raw shelled hemp seeds (I love the Manitoba Harvest brand of “hemp hearts”. (They sell a big bag at Costco!)
- 3 Medjool dates (pitted)
- 2 TBSP cashew butter
- 2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk (I love Califia brand almond milk)
Blend well & enjoy!
Top with a sprinkle of cinnamon, cocoa nibs, and a sliced strawberry (if you’re feeling fancy)
**If you do not have a high powered blender, put the greens & almond milk in first and blend well. Add the remaining ingredients & stop as needed to scrape down the sides of the blender.
Nourish yourself. Love yourself. Drink your greens.