Milkshakes make me believe in magic. And green milkshakes are my new obsession. Delectable, creamy, easy, & packed with nutrition, I wouldn’t want to start my day any other way.
Breakfast never tasted so good.
Rainbow Chard Milkshake
Creamy, delicious, vegan, gluten free, & packed with protein & green goodness
- 1 TBSP raw shelled hemp seeds
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 3 pieces rainbow chard (stalk & leaves)
- 1 heaping TBSP almond butter
- 8 frozen strawberries
- 1 1/4 cup of your choice of milk (unsweetened vanilla almond & Califia’s toasted coconut almond milk worked fabulously )
Throw everything into a high-powered blender. Blend well & ENJOY!
Note: For not so high-powered blenders- blend the chard, milk, and seeds very well first. Then add the almond butter and strawberries, stopping to scrape down the sides of the blender/stir ingredients as needed.
Recipe by Hali @ http://citysneakerssf.com
During the *sometimes crazy* Holiday Season, don’t forget to take care of yourself.
Here are a few ideas:
- Blend some dark leafy greens into your smoothies & shakes- spinach, swiss or rainbow chard, kale (Several more recipes coming soon…)
- Everyday, spend 5 minutes sitting quietly/meditating/breathing
- Take a 20 minute walk on your lunch break
- Take 10 deep, slow breaths when you’re stuck in traffic
- Ask for help when you need it
- Don’t go shopping when you’re hungry