On Sunday my dear friend and I had our first ever Skype Baking Party. I think this was one of her best ideas yet! We had a blast. I decided to make muffins so that I would have breakfast for the entire week and I am so glad I did.
Carrot & Golden Raisin Muffins
Gluten free, can- be vegan, refined sugar free & absolutely delicious.
Original Recipe by the Detoxinista (find it here)Makes 7 muffins
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 3 whole eggs (or egg replacer equivalent to 3 eggs for VEGAN muffins)
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- ¼ (generous) cup golden raisins
- Preheat your oven to 350F and line a standard muffin tin with 7 paper cups.
- Combine all of the ingredients, except for the carrots and raisins, and mix well until a sticky dough is formed.
- Fold in the shredded carrots and raisins, then divide the dough evenly among the seven muffin cups. These muffins will not rise much, so don’t worry about filling the cups to the top.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes, until the muffins are firm to the touch. **I baked these at high altitude and they took 23 minutes **
- Remove from the pan, let cool & then store in the fridge.
- Serve chilled for best texture.
I don’t know about you, but if I can have some veggies for/in my breakfast, I consider myself nutritionally good-to-go all day long (ie- chocolate for lunch and dinner right!? 😉 )
Whip up a batch of these babies and eat a good breakfast all week long!
Recommendation: dip or slather in plain or vanilla yogurt (Greek, soy, coconut, almond milk, any kind you like…) for a delicious combo.
What do you like to eat for breakfast??
Veggies in/for breakfast- Yes or NO?!