Remember when I told you how excited I was to receive this in the mail?
Well, it has been a very delicious few weeks. I usually eat a protein bar around 11:00 AM every day at work, before a long run on the weekend, or as an evening snack. It was a pleasure receiving a whole box of different flavored Quest Bars to try.
Why I like Quest Bars:
– 20 grams of protein (something I am trying to get more of these days)
– My stomach tolerates the whey protein isolate
– Gluten free (I am allergic to gluten)
– No artificial colors
– No high fructose corn syrup
– They taste great!
– They “get” me (see below 😉 )
My favorite flavors:
– Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough: You may recall my cookie dough confession. If not, you can read about it here. I think this flavor wins “best overall”. I found myself craving this deliciously sweet & satisfying bar and even had one for “dessert” a few times (when my normal dark chocolate supply was depleted).
– Banana nut muffin: “Best bar for/with breakfast”. Reminded me of a buttery, banana-y, sweet/salty muffin. Enough said.
– White Chocolate Raspberry: There were two of these darling dears in the box Quest sent me. I don’t even like white chocolate but this flavor was absolutely fabulous. Each bite is a whole new experience. Fresh raspberry in one bite, chunk of cocoa butter in the next. You really can’t find a more sinfully delicious way to get your protein in.
– Chocolate peanut butter: This combo never fails me. No matter how they combine the two, chocolate & PB are meant to be together. I recommend that you toss this one in the microwave for 20 seconds… trust me, just do it.
THANKS TO QUEST NUTRITION FOR THE SAMPLES… I am officially an addict.
Do you like protein bars??
What is your favorite flavor of Quest bars (if you have tried them)?
What are your go-to snacks?
2 thoughts on “on a QUEST”
Since it seems like I will forever eat granola/fiber bars every morning, maybe i should try these!
Yes!! Try the banana nut one for breakfast! It’s delish! 🙂