Happy Wednesday everyone!
I have officially outdone myself…
Introducing BURRITO BOWLS
(City Sneakers style)!!!
I created this recipe on the fly last night and I think it is safe to say, it was everything I want a recipe to be: quick, easy, delicious, healthy, and packed with flavor!
1) Cook rice or be lazy like I was and use a quinoa, wild rice, brown rice mix that just needs to be warmed up
2) Boil boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I used 2) until soft and white throughout
3) Remove chicken & lay out on paper towel to dry/cool
4) Prep veggies:
-Wash and dice onion, bell pepper, tomato, avocado, and any other veggies you see fit
Hot TIP: I put the diced veggies in my glass Tupperware so that any leftovers could easily be put in the fridge (no need to dirty two dishes!)
5) Wash and chop cilantro
6) Heat beans on the stove (I used a can of organic pinto beans. Any type would work!)
9) Assemble bowls!
I started with a layer of rice, then added bell pepper, onion, beans, tomato, chicken, and cilantro. I topped my bowl with a 1/4 of an avocado, cilantro, and a dab of salsa. If you are luckier than I am and can eat dairy, feel free to add cheese/sour cream/etc. I will live through your dairy indulgence vicariously!
10) Eat & enjoy!
11) Do a happy dance as you quickly & easily clean up 😉
12) Smile at the leftovers for tomorrow
Last but not least:
A special THANK YOU to Pandora for this song this morning…
Not only did it give me a good laugh (flashback to high school!) it also made me run the last mile faster than the first two. Score!
What do you think of the burrito bowl recipe??
Which do you prefer- cook at home or eat out?
What are you doing today for exercise?