Goodbye sweet weekend and hello Monday morning. In honor of the sweetness of Saturday & Sunday I have for you not one but TWO salty, sweet, veg treats to start your week. And of course, these healthy “snacky-treats” won’t leave you with a belly ache or food coma.
Sorry I’m not sorry (for eating em all)- Sweet Potato Chips
Roasted cinnamon-curried carrot sticks
Simple recipe (cuz I wouldn’t have it any other way):
1) Pre heat oven to 425 & line two baking sheets with parchment
2) Pour some EVOO into a bowl & add the following spices: cinnamon, garlic powder, onion powder, curry powder & mix well.
(I don’t measure my spices, I just go with what feels right. I would suggest staying light-ish on the cinnamon- maybe 1/4 tsp for 2 potatoes or per lb of carrots.
2) Wash, dry, and peel carrots (I used 1 pound) Wash, dry, and peel sweet potatoes (I used three medium sized ones)
3) Cut carrots in half then slice into sticks of desired thickness (the thinner the stick the more crispy they turn out, it’s up to you!)
4) Slice sweet potato into desired chip shape/thickness. Again, a thinner slice means a more crisp chip! (YUMMMM)
5) Spread carrot sticks onto one baking sheet & potato chips onto the other. Then, brush the carrots & potatoes with the oil/spice mixture. Last, give them a sprinkle of salt.
6) Pop in oven for 15 minutes, then flip the chips & sticks over. Back in the oven they go for another 10 minutes or until desired browning occurs.
*** Check on your sticks & chips periodically because they can burn very easily!!! I have found that cook time varies oven to oven!!***
7) EAT & ENJOY!!!!
Hope this week treats you well!!!