Did you have a good Thursday?
I am feeling 99.8% better than I was yesterday and will be able to resume all of my normal workout/run habits starting tomorrow! Woo hoo!
Last night I became Susie Homemaker. It’s amazing what you can get done with all of this extra time on your hands.
The extra time meant I could experiment in the kitchen. And boy am I sure glad I did! I created a beautiful, delicious, and nutritious Kale, bacon, and egg casserole. I love kale. I love blending it into green smoothies every morning and I am constantly trying to find new ways to enjoy it. This my friends, is a new way for me to get my green on! Bacon + kale= match made in heaven.
Very easy, make up as you go & throw it all together recipe.
1) 12- 16 oz of bacon (organic, nitrate free if possible) **Turkey bacon would probably work beautifully, but I used the real deal
2) 1 bunch of organic kale (any type is fine)
3) 6 carrots (peeled and shredded)
4) 1/2 cup Nutritional yeast plus more for sprinkling on top of casserole (can use cheese if you prefer & are not allergic 😉 )
5) chopped garlic, to your taste (I used 6 small cloves)
6) 1/2 teaspoon salt
7) pepper to taste
8) 4 eggs
1) Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Cook the bacon until it’s nice and crispy, then lay out on a paper towel to cool
2) wash, dry, and finely chop all the kale (even the stems)
3) use a potato peeler to shred carrots
4) In a large bowl add the 4 eggs, kale, crumbled bacon, carrots, nutritional yeast or cheese, garlic, salt & pepper
5) Mix well
6) Pour mix into a greased 8 x 8 glass dish, sprinkle some nutritional yeast on top
7) Cook on 350 for 30-45 minutes
8) let cool & then slice and enjoy!
Do you like kale?
Any good recipes you would like to share??